October 2, 2013:
[Renaldo] The release date we've been given for the Larvae 2 CD set is 30th October. We're very pleased with it - the original album has had its audio enhanced and there's a second disc of over 50mins of rare and previously unreleased material. The second disc is arguably like a brand new album featuring tracks contemporary with Larvae consisting of sketches/improvisations or tunes that just didn't fit in with the Larvae feel. It shows there must have been some sort of alternate side to RATL at that time as the tracks are (to our ears) quite different to the released LP but hang together really well.
July 18, 2013:
[Renaldo] Klanggalerie have recently released Eigengrau, a remix album of songs by Section 25.
We have a track on there called Girls Don't Count (The Critical Mix) which, as the title suggests, also features samples from Critical Dance. It's a very cool track...well, we would say that wouldn't we?
June 24, 2013:
[Renaldo] A couple of bits of news:
- Renaldo was interviewed for the upcoming Residents documentary on May 18th Photos here, here, & here. "They were particularly interested to have some insight from people who knew the Residents and especially from those who had worked with them. I believe RATL are (to date) the only group to have co-produced and recorded an album with them so the film crew were keen to learn how the recording of Title In Limbo came about and how it was done." (more info)
- The Larvae re-issue, due around October, will be a 2 CD set - we've liberally delved into the archive and have created a well filled and very interesting second CD of rare tracks, out takes, sketches etc. This CD has turned out to be something more than just a list of extras as some of the content clearly shows that, at that time, there was another side to RATL that never made it onto the Larvae album.
June 11, 2013:
[Alex] This just in: Klanggalerie will be reissuing Songs for Swinging Larvae later this year, complete with bonus/alternate tracks. Stay tuned for more info.
January 19, 2013:
[Alex] First update in six years!? We have more coming soon, but here is some very important news:
and the Loaf play Struvé & Sneff has just been reissued in a limited edition 2CD set with previously unreleased live material. Grab it here now! The discography has been updated with more information.
- The Loaf has a blog that you should definitely check out: Mr. Sneff
September 25, 2006:
[Alex] It has been a while, but I have plenty of updates for you:
- Want to see the SFSL video?
It's on YouTube!
- How about the video for The Autons' Snakes, featuring Renaldo as The Rotcod? It's also on YouTube!
- David and Brian are still talking; Most specifically they're working on a possible CD release of Olleh Olleh Rotcod (including a new track listing). More info on that when I get it!
July 9, 2006:
[Alex] News just in... Renaldo and the Loaf recently met in person for the first time in 18 years! Eight-o-clock PM at the Tangier pub in Portsmouth, yes that Tangier pub, on July 3rd is now a milestone in RatL history!
[Renaldo] There was a LOT to catch up on and there was still lots to chat about when we were kicked out of the pub at closing time.
very pleased to see each other and in many ways the years just melted away...we plan to meet again at sometime.
June 1, 2006:
[Alex] With the cooperation of Brian Poole (Renaldo!),
Dave Janssen (The Loaf!), and Ian
McGraith (the proprietor of RatL online-mania),
I have designed and compiled this new, very comprehensive site
on Renaldo and the Loaf. Check here for new updates frequently.
Here it is...a comprehensive overview of our work all in one place.
Ian paved the way with The Hums Do Not Intrude and now
Alex has taken it further, personally encouraging - no, pushing
me to dig deep into my memory and the Renaldo and the Loaf archive
and to reveal what's there.
Excitingly this site also
features, for the first time, input from Dave (the Loaf) - which
to my mind makes it truely complete.
Other interesting things will probably come to light and be added
over time, our memories are far from infallible.... and feel free
to add your own info, research and feedback.
[The Loaf] It was (almost)
twenty years ago today that Renaldo and Ted went their separate
ways. I've no idea whether they've been going in and out of style,
but they're probably still guaranteed to raise a smile!
It's been many years since I've listened to a lot of the music
we produced; visiting this website and hearing some of the clips
for the first time in almost 20 years has cause me to re-evaluate
Renaldo and the Loaf. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that
it sounded a lot better than I remembered. Although the Residents
were a major influence I don't think we really sound like them,
yes, we inhabit a similar musical universe but I think we had
a distinct sound. In fact, if you close your eyes it almost sounds
like not just one but several real groups, such was the diversity
of sounds we produced.
~ David Janssen
Who and What? is a history of Renaldo
and the Loaf as told through interviews with the duo
Yhpargocsid is the discography of
course! Detailed information, scans, and MP3s everywhere!
Renaldosolo focuses on Renaldo's
output after RatL
A Sob Story is a section carried over
from Ian's site featuring fan interpretations and stories.
Gallery is a section of photographs
and scans. Pictures!
This website was put together by Alex Wroten with
the aid of Brian Poole (scans, information, feedback),
Dave Janssen (information,
feedback), and Ian McGraith (everything from the original
RatL site, "The Hums Do Not Intrude").